Interested in applying to be one of our Artists in Residence? Please note the following.
We are currently accepting applications for Artists in Residence for the 2019 season. As an Art Loft artist in residence, you are an integral part of the exciting events and classes available to all Art Loft members.
- Gallery show during Rockland Art Walk on your teaching month
- Opportunity to give an “Artist Talk” to the community for greater publicity
- Ability to open the gallery at any time during the month to promote sales
- 100% of profits from all gallery sales
- Ability to teach any additional workshop you desire during the month
- Ability to use the Art Loft as your studio for the entire month you are teaching
- Free Art Loft weekly member classes
- Professional development support
- Must teach 8 2-hour classes during the month of their residency, 2 per week (one on weekdays, one on weekend or in the evening)
- Hang their own show
- Provide refreshments for the Art Walk gallery opening
Classes provided by the resident for members are best designed with a short introduction and skills easily accomplished by a beginner. Playful classes with creativity at the core are enjoyed the most.
Shared residency opportunities are available. If you would like to share a month with another artist please indicate this in your correspondence.
To apply for residency in 2019 please email the following information:
- Name, address, email, and phone
- Links to any online artist information including website and social media
- A brief description of your proposed classes and workshops
- Artist statement and bio
- Headshot and at least 10 images of your artwork
- Indicate the month that you would like to be a resident (April – November)
Send all information by email to email@example.com