The Art Loft offers Facebook and Instagram marketing strategy for artists with this class from Lena Faber.
Learn how you can engage and promote your work and your community. Please make sure to register in advance for this class.
Lena will teach us how to:
- tag the Art Loft or your venue properly every time you post something relevant on your personal profiles. If you don’t know how to tag, or how to use Facebook at all we will cover that too!
- encourage your students to check in @theArtLoft or any other community every time you start your class. If you have no idea what Facebook check-in in is we will cover that too. We will also learn how to promote each other as artists by sharing group photos and posts.
- ask your students to write a review after your lesson on Facebook or any other platform.
- like, thank, and comment every time somebody mentions you, especially if they write a review.
- post works of your students to Instagram with location @artloftrockland and hashtag #artloftrockland and other related hashtags. Instagram is a perfect online gallery where artists are expected to be seen.
We promote your work and your community right in the class!Class is limited to 8, our session will be a straightforward real-time practice session with all your work and business names engaged.At the end of this session, we will check analytics and you will see how your FB page gets immediate results.At this session, laptops are required so you will be able to use all of Facebooks functionality.
About Your Instructor – Lena Faber
Lena Faber was a prominent journalist for major media in Moscow, most known for her weekly column “200,000 km Around Moscow”, which was later published in two books by leading Russian publishing house AST. Her texts and reporting pictures won awards from the Journalists Union of Russia and the British Council in Moscow. Lena also created short documentaries for “Drive TV.”
In 2009, she moved to South Africa. While there, she won an Alliance de France international photo contest with her industrial pictures from South African mines with a follow up personal photo exhibition. She attached her photographs of industrial trash to hardboard boxes which were on their way to the dumpster from the fruits & veggies store next door. All were hand-painted with a kids color set and hung from the ceiling on rusty chains which were on their way to the dumpster from a coal mine. You should see the faces of people who came to the opening! They were so surprised and they liked it. There were many of them, as it was sponsored by Bojole.
Right after the exhibition, Lena lost all interest in photography and focused on IT and web developing. She also learned how to run and very soon became a category winner of many South African races. She also won a silver medal at World Masters Athletics in California.
Once back in South Africa, she dug up her Nikon, arranged another photo exhibition, loaded her car, and took a road trip to shoot abandoned harbors around Cape of Good Hope. It was an amazing shoot. Next day everything was stolen from her car in Cape Town. EVERYTHING.
The following day, she left home with her husband in it, flew to the U.S and hiked the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine, cycled the Route 66 from Chicago to LA, and Route 1 from Maine to Florida, not to mention her travels outside of the states.
For the last year, Lena has been residing in the Midcoast area.
Read her story at lenafaber.com
Long story short – Lena Faber is going to give a workshop on Social Media for Art Loft residents and the general public. Don’t panic – she hates it just like you do so she will teach only the necessary minimum. With this class, you will be able to improve your publicity, which no one but you should take care of.